Don't be surprised if you're required to answer additional questions this year if you claim the Child Tax Credit (CTC), Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) or American Opportunity Tax Credit (AOTC).
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
A health reimbursement arrangement, or HRA, is a benefit plan you can offer to your employees to reimburse them for medical expenses that are not covered by an insurance plan.
Thursday, March 9, 2017
It's that time of year when you are getting ready to sort out last year's financial records and prepare for this year's recordkeeping. Do you know what you should keep and what can you throw away? Here are some suggestions.
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Many people think of a "dependent" as a minor child who lives with you. This is true, but it's important to remember dependents can include parents, other relatives and nonrelatives, and even children who don't live with you.
Friday, March 3, 2017
There are a few qualifications that determine if you need Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS.
- If you operate your business as a corporation or partnership.
- If you file reports for employment taxes, excise tax, or alcohol, tobacco and firearms.
- If you have one or more employees.
- If you have a self-employed retirement plan.
- If you operate as any of several other organizations.
If you need assistance, please contact our office at (518) 798-3330.